Saturday, October 24, 2009

"Less of Me...






















This is my buddy Bryan.
Bryan has tattoos.
Every time I'm around this guy,
I crave getting one.
All of his are ridiculously rad.
He's got the one up there that says "Less of Me",
and another one on the back of his left calf that says "I'm Not Mine" in Goosebumps font.
These are my favorite.




I remember during Super Summer,
I was studying through 1st Corinthians.
In 1st Cor. 8:13 Paul says,
"Therefore,if what I eat causes my brother to fall into sin, I will never eat meat again, so that I will not cause him to fall."

I thought about this idea.
I've been a "nice guy" before.
I've given extra money that I had to a person in need.
I've given people rides home whenever I didn't have much to do.
I've even gotten up early in the morning for something whenever I'd had a great night sleep and was fully awake.
Paul probably really liked meat.
I'm going to guess this dude used meat in his example because it was something that he cherished eating.
I wasn't like he could just go to Rib Crib and grab some brisket whenever he wanted.
Giving up eating meat would be something that he hated,
but he would sacrifice meat,
if it would ease somebody's life.
He would do it,
if that person would grow closer to knowing Christ from him doing so.

Jesus Christ became a servant for me.
The guy came from being exalted and praised in a kingdom,
to mocked and killed as a hobo here on Earth.
My life has been bought.
I've been made new.
I have been this way long enough to know that my life is not about my wants and needs,
but my purpose is to serve others.
I'm never going to be that Super Christian,
but I think its good to strive towards something.
Jesus was the kind of guy who was always striving to make Himself less,
so that God would become more.
What a beast.


I was dead then alive,
She was like wine turned to water then turned back to wine; You can pour us out, we won't mind, As scratch around the mouth of the glass, "Our lives our not our own."

...More of You."






1 comment:

  1. Have you hung out with Bryan lately? I miss that dude. Looks like he's gotten a new bike.

    ReplyDelete