Thursday, March 5, 2009

When it rains... A tribute to Peek


This blog,
as i said in the beginning,
will not always be so positive.
It hasn't been a positive week,
so I don't feel like writing a positive entry
or maybe...


Sunday through monday,
puking and shaking.
Tuesday,
sincerely thought i was going to die during shop class,
then find out I might be failing pre-calculus.
Wednesday,
well they can't all be bad, huh?
although,
i did snap the king-pin in my back truck.
whatever,
it was good.
then today,
i found out that my cat died.
now,
for some people this wouldn't really matter,
but this is my cat.
if you know me very well at all,
you know i love this cat.
she hung out with me all the time.
i would sit outside and chill with her all of the time,
especially after school early in the afternoon.
she was the perfect house animal.
and i actually spent so much time with this creature,
that i understood her personality.
she's actually my sister's cat.
she's been in the family since i was like 7 or something.
so for eleven years,
this cat and i have gotten to know each other.
the last year or so of her life was when i actually enjoyed hanging out with her the most.
i'm fairly anti-social,
but still,
i'm positive that anyone would absolutely love this cat.
i hung out with her more than my own family.
she knew exactly where to sleep on the bed so i wouldn't kick her during the night.
dang.
i was hoping once i moved out,
that she would come with me.
i can't really stand many animals,
but she was amongst the raddest specimens that God has placed on this earth.
i know this sounds really stupid and lame to people,
but i'm really bummed about this,
plus this just being added onto my week,
kind of a double whammy.
this cat won't be forgotten,
because i'm not sure i want to house train a different one,
i don't even want to hang out with a different one.
if i got another cat,
there's no way it would like my choice in music,
or listen to NPR with me.
dang.
well
i'll end this.
i sound whiny.
i know it's "just a cat",
and i know that this isn't the worst thing that will ever happen to me.
God will take care of me through my cat dying,
through whenever the economy shuts down again in 60 years and my retirement gets robbed,
or through when my arms and legs become unusable caused by a freak skee-ball accident.
i loved this freakin' cat.
stay chill Peek




2 comments:

  1. It's not stupid...when I was in highschool I failed an algebra test because my dog had died and I was so sad. Everybody knows how much you loved Peek. I'll miss her, too...but, not like Gabi and you will. She would've been 12 this Tuesday. I'm so sorry that I don't have any way to ease your pain. In this past year, you were her best friend. Going up to your room was her favorite thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! I'm really sorry. That's a really hard week. You can always go and see my cats. It wont be the same but you can if you want.

    ReplyDelete