Saturday, March 28, 2009

Explain the unexplainable.


Today was supposed to be really busy. I had been stressing out about it for a while, but it turned out to be one that I will put in the "Greats" category. Here's why...


Morning is the most stressful part of my day.
I'm always thinking I'm going to be late with something.
This morning was no different.
Tons of different things fell into a series of unfortunate events.
Mad stressed.
But then...
I drove myself and Josiah Biles to a volley ball tournament in Norman.
I watched a bunch of friends throw every bit of energy that they could muster,
into playing this sport.
it was quite fantastic,
but that's not what made my day.
Afterward,
I went with a few friends to Downtown Oklahoma City,
to watch Collin Lowe and his band
play at a Battle of the Bands.
They did great,
and I got some awesome shots,
but again,
not climax of the day.
All of us,
including the band,
went to Cuppies and Joe's,
which turned out to be my new favorite coffee shop.
Diamond called me,
and I got a chance to pray with him,
but let's keep going,
because that's not it either.
So here it is.
On the ride back to Ada,
Josiah, Bethany Cypert, and myself were in my car.
Josiah and I just randomly started talking theology.
We even discussed things that are a little sketchy with the "religious" world,
and Bethany jumped in.
This turned into a series of conversations that got my blood pumping,
and allowed me to pray with a skip in my stride.
I have know Josiah for a little while,
but until Spring Break,
never talked to the guy about anything I really felt was important.
Bethany,
I have only known for a short while,
but both of them on this night,
turned out to be two of my favorite people to talk with,
and this is why.
Though both are very intelligent,
and have awesome personalities,
people like that are everywhere.
The three of us had talked during spring break at one point,
and it was just so awesome.
I really had never known anything Josiah had gone through in his life,
or what he thought,
and man,
he turned out to be one gnarly human being.
The reason this car ride was so incredible to me,
is because God moved in our conversations.
Each of us felt something awesome that we couldn't explain.
Then we started listening to Lacrae.
Ooooo that did it.
Thanks my homey.
Each of us know that we made a connection because of something that moved in us.
Our conversations were so Godly inspired,
that for me,
it kind of allowed my mind to blow for a little while.
Knowing God,
knowing Jesus,
and knowing the Holy Spirit,
causes you to have moments in your life,
where things go the way they do,
and you just can't explain it.
I have another story involving Chantz Houston and I,
but that's another blog.
Things just happen.
Curtis Lilly would call them "God Things"
you want to call them coincidences,
or chance,
go for it.
I know it's deeper.
I know that coincidences never came so often until I started trying to figure God out.
Now I know what's really happening.
And it's just good.

Thanks for reading.
Listen to Phil Wickham.
He and Charlie Hall are doing a show together soon in OKC.
check it.


1 comment:

  1. Hey there little pocket buddy.
    I think you may already know this... but I learned it recently from a devotional and I want to share.

    There are times in our lives where we lose sense of time; where you're completely unaware of the clock or the world outside. Sometimes you feel it when you're in deep thought, like this amazing conversation... most often I feel it when I am painting. You just lose connection with earthly time... the time that theologians call "chronological" time.

    But how do you explain those times where you are overcome by a lost sense of time, of feeling removed from the world? There is a word for this... it is called "Kairos" it's that sense of timelessness we feel when we're deep in thought or inspired with creativity or overcome with awe.

    Kairos is closed linked to the presence of God, because God doesn't inhabit time in the same way we do. God exists in this place where there are no clocks ticking, this timeless realm of eternity. And sometimes when we're feeling especially close to him, we step into that eternity. Our souls relax, life feels exhilarating. It's unlike anything else. I think some people refer to this as a "spiritual high" as well.

    I think it is cool that you shared such a great moment with Josiah and Bethany, that you all felt so connected. What a blessing.

    Love.
    Emily.

    ReplyDelete